How to use this forum

Items of interest from my practice and academia, and political or regulatory information about buprenorphine and addiction. If you have something that you would like me to address, send me an e-mail.
suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to use this forum

Post by suboxdoc »

This forum was very busy 10 - 15 years ago. One reason I wanted to keep it, even when I wasn't able to keep it healthy, was because of the huge wealth of information stored in the database. Hundreds of thousands of questions and answers are beneath the top page, and people are welcome to go back on any topic and review the answers.

We used to have 4-6 moderators. Only a couple are left now -- but they have been answering questions about buprenorphine for many years, and have shown their knowledge in the answers they have provide.

I notice, now, that we get new members -- but few of them post questions. I'm writing this to make sure people realize -- you are welcome to post a new topic. No review necessary. Simply click on 'new topic', give it a title, and fire away. You can even post pictures or videos, or start a poll. I just ask that 1. you avoid obscene content, as defined by anything you wouldn't want your 6-y-o son or daughter to come across; 2. you avoid politics, although talking about science that has been overtaken by politics is fine. The vax for example. Stick to the vax, not the people who recommend it or trash it. and 3. Avoid personal attacks. You are WELCOME to disagree with another post, but please treat the writer with respect.

Thanks -- Dr. J
rule62

Re: How to use this forum

Post by rule62 »

Thanks Dr. Junig for all the work and money you've poured into this site over the years. I am one of the lone moderators who is so glad to see someone else answering the new posts. You're right, people have been reluctant to post new questions or answer the ones here. We have a few members who do pop in and lend a hand from time to time.

Glad to hear you're on the mend after that scary surgery. I for one have no insight on whether or not the vaccine causes clots. Some extreme people all over the internet say it does but I prefer to believe the studies done by the professionals and only hope it's the truth. Really not sure if there is any credence to the conspiracy theories saying things with no medical studies referenced. Or it's a study from some obscure country that sounds good but has no known scientists from the U.S. or any other one we trust. My thought was you probably know more than the rest of us being a physician and all.

Just very pleased you're doing good and are back here helping those of us on Suboxone.

Rule62
Don't take yourself so damn seriously