Oh my ladies i cant tell you how much I appreciate your responses!!! Things really havnt settled down yet Im in the process of packing up my house now and im moving this weekend. I have managed to stay off the cigarettes, i think its been 7 or 8 days. It sucks but I feel proud of myself for providing a smoke free enviornment for my not-yet-born child. As far as the subs i have been so conflicted. My mom the nurse who besides going to Naranon knows nothing of what it feeels like to be an addict, thinks the "right" thing to do is to go off completley for the baby. While I was trying to go with out she said things like she was so proud i was going thru the w/drawal so my baby wouldnt have to. WOW!! talk about the guilt!! I have been emailing my sub dr and i just had an appointment with him and honestly i think hes great but leaving the decision to me. he said hes never heard of someone losing a baby going off 2 mgs of subutex. he keeps saying my w/drawal wont last long and i will get thru it, however, if im really uncomfortable, to keep in mind its not fatal for the baby to be born on the sub. AAAgh!!! I know there are risks and benefits to both decisions. So anyway, i havnt decided exactly what to do. i dont have a new dr yet to where im moving so my dr gave me 2 months worth but i think once im setteled at my moms i may try to cut down to 1 mg. until then i decided to stay at 2 mgs so that w/drawal is not something im worrying about at this moment. i just want desperatley for everything to be ok. thanks again for the responses its very comforting and i have really been considering the advise. I will be updating my situation soon.
I just want to tell you again how much I relate. There are no easy answers. That's exactly what I discovered. I mean, I had to go to a fetal specialist in addition to my OB, not just because of the Sub, but because of my complicated history with my non-Sub pregnancies. I'd already decided to follow my doctor's orders and stay on the 3 mg until delivery. This woman at the fetal specialist's office (she was the genetic counselor) was talking to me about my Sub. She said something insinuating I should stop taking it, and I asked her about that, since I'd been told not to stop it. She said, "Well, you have to decide what's more important: the baby or your drug." Seriously, that killed me AND confused me. BTW, she got in trouble, because she was not a doctor and was advising me to go against my doctor's advice. Plus, she really upset me.....
Here's just a thought and take it for what it's worth. If I were you and considering a significant future drop or completely discontinuing, I'd probably try to find the middle of the road and simply reduce my dose if I could. I don't know how in danger you are from cravings and whether you are worried you are going to relapse if you cut down further. If you feel confident that you are in a good place, you could try simply cutting down a small amount, small enough that you don't make yourself uncomfortable and, thus, don't worry on the baby going through that.
I gotta tell you, though, that you are on a relatively small amount. I know there's no promises and no perfect formula, but I'm going to be shocked if your baby has any w/d at all. I am pretty confident in saying that, from all the stories I've read, you are most likely going to have a totally healthy baby. As soon as your baby is born and you see that all is well, this horrible stress and guilt is OVER!!! I'm eager for you to be out of this. It really bothers me to hear of another mom-to-be going through this. Like you said....no easy answers!! We are doing the best we can....
I guess I'd also tend to err on the side of caution and not drop my dose quickly or stop it if I were you. You are already 30 weeks. I had my second (non-Sub) baby at 29 weeks. You are well into the range of where babies will be born and do okay. Of course, you don't want to have a baby early, but my point is that you've gotten into the green zone. The worst thing that could happen is that your baby would have some w/d and then your baby would be given medication and would be fine in the end. So, even the worst case scenario, with your baby having some w/d, ends in everything being okay. Why take any chances by stopping your Sub abruptly? I just wouldn't do it. I stopped mine a week before delivery and I worried the whole time because the stress of my body was pretty significant. I swear it made me go into labor, since I went into labor three weeks before my due date and was so dialated when I went for my surgery and I'd never gone into labor with either of my first two pregnancies. IDK...Just be careful. Even if your baby goes through some NAS, your baby will get through it and go on to be fine. Jumping off Sub makes your blood pressure soar. If your blood pressure soars during pregnancy, they take that so seriously, so I'm really surprised to hear that your doctor would want you to stop taking it.